We've released a major enhancement to our delivery zoning feature that resulted from restaurant feedback. You can now create individually-priced and multiple custom-shaped delivery areas.
What it means:
- Different delivery fees can be set according to geographical areas.
- If you use local roads and highways as delivery borders, you can now draw a zone to match these boundaries.
- If you wish to avoid delivering to certain neighborhoods, you can now draw a delivery zone around it.
Here's a screenshot of a multi-zone delivery area for one of our live client restaurants in Kansas City. Each colored area represents a zone with a different delivery fee:
Customers with addresses outside of the highlighted areas will not be able to place a delivery order and will receive a message during the checkout process indicating that their location is out of the restaurant's delivery range.
Delivery zone setup
Creating a custom delivery zone is easy: log into your Menufy manager account and navigate to Delivery Settings.
To create a delivery zone:
- Click on Add Zone and set a delivery fee in the Price column.
- Click on the map to pin markers.
- To move a marker, you can click and drag existing markers. To undo a move, click on the arrow icon to the right of the marker that was repositioned.
- Once the delivery zone is complete, double click on the last marker to connect the dots.
- To create an additional zone with a different delivery fee, click on Add Zone.
- Click on Save when finished
Alternatively, you're welcome to print a map of your local area on maps.google.com and to fax it to us at 866-347-8859 with handdrawn zones.